Monash University, one of the world’s top 100 universities located in Australia, call on students from all countries of the world who have been offered admission into Monash University to take advantage of the ongoing students’ grant known as Monash International Merit Scholarship for their academic sponsorship. A mouth-watering sum of $10,000 annually is up for grab as a recipient of the scholarship throughout the duration of the student’s degree program.
Benefits of Monach International Merit Scholarship
The Scholarship offers the following benefits:
- Annual payment of $10,000 to the recipient until the end of their degree program.
- Fresh students with this scholarship are given the opportunity to be members of a leadership program known as Monash Minds meant for year-one students.
- Applicant must have Australian student visa
- Returning students interested in the scholarship must have a weighted average mark of 85+
- Candidates for this students’ grant must have the intention of running a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at Monash campus in Australia.
- Fresh students must have received admission offer from Monash University before submitting application.
- As a returning student, you must have completed at least two semesters in Australia
- Returning students who are currently pursuing degree programs in Medicine, Surgery or Medical Sciences must have completed a minimum of three semesters.
- Students who are yet to complete three semesters in the following degree programs; Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Med Science or Doctor of Medicine, will not be accepted until they complete three semesters and then apply as a current student.
Selection will be done based on the following criteria:
- Candidate’s academic achievement.
- Returning students must have attained a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- The quality of students’ application statements will also be used as yardstick for assessment and the students’ potentials of being good ambassadors for Monash University.
- New or prospective students will be accorded preference over others during screening.
Conditions to Retain This Scholarship
- Awardees must maintain a distinction average of 70% or above every semester.
- The Student is required to take part in a minimum of 3 marketing and/or promotional activities.
How to apply
- Applicants are required to submit a separate application form for the scholarship.
- Applicants are expected to have received an unconditional offer into any course of study within Monash.
- Once selected, applicant has an opportunity to defer the scholarship within the same calendar year.
- Supporting documents are not permitted to be attached with the application.
Below is the table containing the details of different selection rounds, their respective closing dates and commencement dates.
|Selection phases||Closing dates||Commencement|
|Phase one||15 October||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Phase two||15 November||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Phase three||15 January||Semester one or two of the current year|
|Phase four||15 March||Semester two of the current year|
|Phase five||15 April||Semester two of the current year|
|Phase six||15 May||Semester two of the current year|
Visit Monash scholarships application page for more information.